Making A Difference
Impact Summary Reports
- 2012 - Year in Review
- 2013 Beef Systems
- Learning Child
- Guardianship/Conservator Training Program
- Crops - Youth Programming
- Agricultural Economics
- Cropping Systems Productivity
- Food, Nutrition & Health
- Agriculture Water Management
- Animal Manure Management
- Water Climate Environment - Community
- Business Ventures and Innovation
- ECAP - Entrepreneurial Communities
- 2013 ESI and Beyond
- NACO Institute of Excellence
Lawn & Garden
2013 Pro-Hort Classes are Set! - Printable Flier/Registration Form here
- February 14 (9 a.m. – Noon) PRO-HORT CLASS - Basic Botany Dr. Laura Render, Assoc. Professor, Retired, Bellevue University
- February 14 (1 p.m. - 4 p.m.) PRO-HORT CLASS - Tree Basics Graham Herbst, Community Forester, Nebraska Forest Service
- February 21 (9 a.m. – Noon) PRO-HORT CLASS Soils Brad Jakubowski, Science Instructor, Doane College
- February 21 (1 p.m. - 4 p.m.) PRO-HORT CLASS - Vertebrate Pests Dennis Ferraro, UNL Associate Professor
- February 28 (9 a.m. – Noon) PRO-HORT CLASS Turfgrass Management John Fech, UNL Extension Educator
- February 28 (1 p.m. - 4 p.m.) PRO-HORT CLASS - Turfgrass Management John Fech, UNL Extension Educator
- March 7 (9 a.m. – Noon) PRO-HORT CLASS Introduction to Sustainable Landscape Design. Kathleen Cue, UNL Extension Associate - Horticulture
- March 7 (1 p.m. - 4 p.m.) PRO-HORT CLASS - Landscapes as Problem Solvers and Quality of Life Enhancers Steve Rodie, Associate Professor, UNO/UNL
- March 14 (9 a.m. – Noon) PRO-HORT CLASS Vegetable Growing Sarah Browning, UNL Extension Educator, Lancaster County Extension
- March 14 (1 p.m. - 4 p.m.) PRO-HORT CLASS - Insect Basics James Kalisch, Diagnostician/ Extension Associate, UNL Entomology Dept.
- March 21 (9 a.m. – Noon) PRO-HORT CLASS Perennials Scott Evans, Master Gardener and Professional Horticulturist
- March 21 (1 p.m. - 4 p.m.) PRO-HORT CLASS - Trees: Insects and Diseases Laurie Stepanek, Forest Health Management Asst., Nebraska Forest Service
- March 28 (9 a.m. – Noon) PRO-HORT CLASS Cultivating Pollinators: Benefits & Methods of Attracting Butterflies & other Pollinators to Your Garden James H. Locklear, Director of Conservation, Lauritzen Gardens
- March 28 (1 p.m. - 4 p.m.) PRO-HORT CLASS - Weed Management Mary Anna Anderson, Extension Associate, Retired.
- April 4 (9 a.m. – Noon) PRO-HORT CLASS Pest Management Approaches Larry Schulze, UNL Professor Emeritus, Agronomy & Horticulture
- April 4 (1 p.m. - 4 p.m.) PRO-HORT CLASS - Pest Mgmt. Approaches, Larry Schulze, UNL Professor Emeritus, Agronomy & Horticulture
- April 11 – Make Up Snow Day
- June 13 (1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.) PRO-HORT CLASS - Plant Diagnostic Clinic
2014 Master Gardener Calendar is NOW on sale!
The calendar highlights a variety of beautiful flowers and is for all levels of gardeners. It features beautiful color photos & informative articles with tips & ideas!
The calendars can be purcased for $11 (tax included) at the UNL Douglas/Sarpy South or Central Office, or can be mailed out for an additional fee. To download a form, click here.
Proceeds from the sale of this calendar go towards funding Master Gardener projects for the community.
Calendars can also be purchased at our community vendors:
- Canoyer Garden Center, 11240 S. 66th Street, Papillion
- Earl May; 9229 West Center Rd, Omaha
- Moore's Landscaping and Nursery; 3615 N. 120th, Omaha
- Mulhall's; 3615 N. 120th, Omaha
- Sunrise Nursery; 8529 Fredrick Street
- Yano's Nursery; 5240 S. 192nd Street, Omaha
Any one else have storm damaged trees at their house?
If you are in the middle of Omaha, or out on a farm, Extension has hints and tips to help get the trees cleaned up while keeping you safe.
Learn more here.
Water Conservation Garden
Learn how to re-create this in your yard!
The Douglas/Sarpy Master Gardener Program, Village Pointe and Metropolitan’s Utility District have teamed up to create a water conservation garden. This garden is designed to be a demonstration site to teach how simple and beautiful landscapes can be, with a focus on conserving water. Check out the pictures and corresponding literature to see how you can incorporate these ideas into your yard and garden. For more information call the UNL Douglas/Sarpy Extension office at 402-444-7804