The UNL Extension in Douglas/Sarpy 4-H program is open to any youth ages 5-18, and has something for everyone! The 4-H experience goes far deeper than what is seen on the surface, teaching skills that last a lifetime. Youth learn critical thinking skills, problem solving, and respect through projects. Projects also place an emphasis on making healthy lifestyle choices and hands-on activities that assist with career preparation.
Spotlight on 4-H Newsletter
Nebraska's "Spotlight on 4-H Newsletter" is written by extension staff for 4-H volunteers during the months of January through July. It is packed with information and resources to educate, inform and motivate 4-H members and families. * January Issue * Complete List
- FIRST YEAR 4-H'ERS ONLY - There is a special club, 4-H 101 that introduces 4-H'ers to different activities while their parents learn all about 4-H too! It meets throughout the year at the central office. Print a flier here.
- Resources for 4-H members entering food preservation projects for the Sarpy County Fair canning help
- Resources for Selecting and Preparing Vegetables, Herbs, and Fruit for fair here.
- Resources for Clover Kids here
- Tips to Prepare Animals for the Nebraska State Fair and Aksarben Video found here.
- Caring for Rabbits - including videos here.